|PO Box 786, Walvis Bay
Tel: +264 64 - 205057
Fax: +264 64 - 200786
|Contact Position: Chairperson
Contact Persons: ________________________________
CETN promotes sustainable development, to conserve the fragile coastal wetlands and desert environment and to promote environmental education, awareness and understanding.
- To conserve the coastal environment of Namibia, particularly the Swakopmund and Walvis Bay area;
- to conserve the biodiversity and natural ecosystems of our coastal wetlands;
- to educate and create a public awareness of the value of our coastal wetlands, our desert environment and their sustainable use;
- to foster public appreciation of the sea and animal life along our coast;
- to promote the wise and ethical use of natural resources in the coastal area; and
- to promote environmental awareness within all developments along our coastal area.
- Hold ecological and environmental competitions in conjunction with the Walvis Bay Municipality, Ministry of Environment & Tourism, Walvis Bay Salt Refiners, Desert Research Foundation of Namibia and Rössing Uranium;
- assist with environmental advice on committees: NAMPORT, Walvis Bay Municipality, Local Agenda 21 and government ministries;
- organise and coordinate bird counts;
- accompany visiting birders;
- present talks on the Ramsar site to the Windhoek College and Polytechnic.; and
- supply articles and photographic material to the media.