- Links and promotes environmental and environmental education efforts throughout Namibia in all spheres and sectors;
- supports the development of existing and new environmental projects and programmes;
- enhances environmental education through the dissemination of in-house and nationally produced resources;
- serves as a central access point for national environmental education information of past and present activities;
- links environmental education related efforts in Namibia with its SADC partners;
- initiates and coordinates environmental workshops, courses, seminars and conferences; and
- encourages monitoring, evaluation and research of environmental practices in Namibia.
NEEN was created by a number of interested Namibian environmental education practitioners in response to a desire to work collaboratively towards several nationally recognised objectives.
The most prominent being The Draft National Environmental Education Policy, which is in the process of being adapted for implementation by various line-ministries.
Networking for best environmental education practice for all.