A safe and healthy environment for all.
Aims to address the poisoning of wildlife through data assimilation, dissemination, analysis and investigation on a scientific and interactive basis, and to take appropriate pro-active education and conservation action for the protection of wildlife and people of southern Africa.
- Maintaining an information database of all wildlife poisoning incidents in southern Africa, and support for poisoning incidents;
- creating public awareness on the perils of agrochemical misuse;
- promoting the principles of safe and responsible use of agrochemicals among manufacturers, distributors, agents, sales personnel and end users;
- linking networks, institutions and people with an interest in wildlife poisoning; and
- facilitating a public health and safety programme.
The Poison Working Group-EWT is based in South Africa, for which NARREC (Liz Komen), functions as the Namibian operational arm of the organisation.
South Africa Office contact details: PO Box 72334, Parkview, 2122, SA. Tel: +27 11 486 1157 Fax: +27 11 646 4631 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org