Current projects supported
At present the Namibia Nature Foundation is managing 90 projects throughout Namibia and the southern African sub-region. NNF supports projects working in a wide range of programme areas and cross-cutting principles within the general areas of transboundary conservation initiatives, community based natural resource management, environmental education and social ecology.
- The Mountain Zebra project
- The Namibian Dolphin project
- Support to the Community Forestry in Namibia programme
- Namibia Coastal/Marine Bird Action Plan
- NamPower/NNF Strategic Partnership
- Succulent Karoo Ecosystem Programme.
- The national Community-Based Natural Resource Management programme. See NACSO for more information.
- Land and resettlement.
- The FAO National Forest Facility Programme.
- The Every River Has Its People project. Natural resource management and improved decision making at a basin-wide level for the Okavango river basin.
- The Coastal Environment Trust of Namibia. Protection and management of the Walvis Bay wetlands and coastal environment.
- Grants Making Programme
- Country Pilot Partnership on Sustainable Land Use Management Programme.
- The monitoring and protection of rare and endangered species e.g. Mountain Zebra, Black Rhino, Elephants, Flamingos, Cranes, Raptors (birds of prey), Nile Crocodile and various carnivores, e.g. Cheetahs, Lions and Wild Dogs.
- The monitoring and protection of threatened habitats such as wetlands and inselbergs.
- Support for protected area management, e.g. Etosha National Park, Waterberg Plateau Park, Skeleton Coast Park, Namib-Naukluft Park.
- The National Biodiversity programme, the National Biodiversity Strategy, getting biodiversity information into the planning and policy arenas and restoration ecology.
- Environmental Education e.g. the Namutoni Environmental Educational center in Etosha National Park and Okatjikona Environmental Educational center at the Waterberg Plateau Park.
- Research and management into ozone depleting substances.
- State of Environment reporting and regional environmental profiles.
- Natural resource economics and environmental accounting.
- Environmental assessment.
- Land-use planning, park management plans and tourism development planning.
- EU - Community Empowerment and Enrichment Project (CEE)
- Albatross Task Force
- EU - Nangof Capacity Building
Previous projects supported
View information on projects which have previously been supported by NNF.