Progress to date
- To facilitate transboundary collaboration and cooperation,
a transboundary workshop between Namibia and Botswana took place
- Areas of potential co-operation between Botswana & Namibia
were identified, e.g.
- Land use;
- Illegal hunting;
- Fire control;
- Population estimates and monitoring;
- Hunting quotas;
- Institutional collaboration.
- Comprehensive Overview
reports have been compiled for Buffalo, Roan, Sable and Tsessebe.
The reports cover the following information
- Biological Information
- Habitat requirements
- Reproduction and Population Dynamics
- Limiting Factors
- Conservation Significance of the Species
- Ecological Significance
- Economic Significance
- Stakeholder information
- Critique of present approaches
- Draft National Strategic
Species Management Plans have been compiled for Buffalo, Roan,
Sable and Tsessebe.
- A Hypermedia Information System
for Rare Species Management (IRAS) is being developed.